EPP BEAD FOAM
TURN-KEY SOLUTION OF AUTOCLAVE EPP BEAD PRODUCTION PLANT
1. Outline of EPP Beads Foam
What is EPP (expanded polypropylene) ?
EPP, also referred to as EPP bead or EPP foam, stands for Expanded Polypropylene foam bead. EPP bead is used in a wide variety of applications for packaging, buoyancy, insulation, protection, and so on. As product coverage increases in automotive, consumer goods, construction, packaging, sporting goods, toys and household goods, the reduction in material cost is expected to have a significant impact on the overall market growth in the coming years.
EPP (expanded polypropylene) is a unique raw material that has many important characteristics making it suitable for a wide range of applications. Some striking selection criteria are: energy absorption, low weight and high thermal stability.
- EPP is in particular used for expensive and vulnerable electronics products or molded parts, such as climate-control and automotive industries parts.
- Despite its low weight, EPP can absorb large amounts of energy and has a remarkable ability to restore its shape after being subjected to static or dynamic loading.
- The deformation is very balanced, independent of the direction of the impact/ load.
- EPP is temperature resistant, absorbs hardly any water and is effectively resistant to chemicals and oils
- High energy absorption and lightweight product
- Excellent repetitive impact performance
- Excellent temperature resistance
- Recycled content
- Low/zero air emissions & hazardous substances
- Easy, non-hazardous maintenance
- End-of-life management keeps materials out of landfills (e.g., reuse, recycling, return to manufacturers)
- Nontoxic and food safety
- Low life cycle cost
- Excellent oil and chemical resistance, weather resistance
- Flexibility makes it easy to handle products
- Remarkable ability to restore its shape after static and dynamic loading
- Possible to recycle by non-crosslink (reduction facility)
- Choice of various expansion ratio (raw material supplier)
- Excellent dimensional accuracy
- It has low water absorption
- Excellent insulation performance
- Environmentally friendly
Various Color in Many Different Fields
EPP foam can be produced in many colors. Various colors can be used in various fields such as toys, furniture and many children’s goods etc.. Properties that make the particle foam an ideal material for hobby and recreational applications.
EPP materials are mainly made of black color and are used for automobile parts production. In order to produce colored EPP beads, it is sold at a high price because all production lines must be stopped and cleaned.
By lowering the price through direct production, it is possible to develop EPP color products in many other new fields and significantly expand the market.